Tuesday 24 September 2013

Basic instincts.

I can say, hand-on-heart, sometimes, you can trust someone blindly, for no reason or fault of your own. It's just that they, to you, appear/seem trustworthy. If you're anything like me, you tend to trust most people, (I'm kind of gullible but shh!) So, I don't always pride myself in being the best judge of character, however, I like to think I'm reasonably okay at reading people and judging them on what I observe. Yet I'm quite stumped recently. There's someone in my life I can't seem to fathom, and it irritates me. One minute, I'm convinced I've figured him out, and then there's a hiccup, a bump in the road, an obstacle of some sort, and I'm right back to miserable, confusing square one. As I lie in bed mulling over two sides of a dreamed up argument, I feel silly. Scratch that, I feel really, really, stupid.

I mean, here I am, already making peace with the fact I will get little or no sleep tonight, due to a prolonged recovery from what shouldn't have even been known as an 'illness' and the annoying fact that whatever I do and no matter how hard j try, you are the one person I just can't seem to understand. I can't predict what you're going to say, I can't presume how you'll react, because even if I find myself doing just that, you become totally different and it blows me off course. Maybe I don't know you very well, or maybe, just maybe, deep-down I know I can, despite what people say, trust my instincts, especially in this instance. I suppose, only time, and you, will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment