Tuesday 6 August 2013

Just call me Carrie Bradshaw.




Yes. In two senses. While the fictional Carrie B is very much an inspiration of mine when it comes to my writing and blogging, I'm also a huge lover of her according to her fashion sense, and of course, her wardrobe.I have just realised I never blog about fashion, and that's kind of weird. Anyone who knows me personally will realise how strange that actually is, as I really am a self-confessed shopaholic. I mean, not in those 'Oh, I occasionally buy things once a week' or whatever, I mean, like seriously. I have a slight problem. I can literally sit on fashion websites like ASOS, Miss Selfridge and River Island for hours, scouring through the latest fashion crazes and seeing if I can bag myself a bargain or treat myself to something a bit more extravagant. I've always loved clothes, but especially now I'm always out, I find myself constantly relying on those emails; I wait eagerly for my BlackBerry (yes, really) to receive updates about sales, discounts and the New-In sections of some of my favourite places to shop.

Unlike most, I don't really have a favourite shop. I have many. My wardrobe is generally a combination of New Look, Primark (yes, a must) River Island, Miss Selfridge, Dorothy Perkins and TopShop. Of course, there are others. A sneaky occasion dress from Lipsy or a steal I've nabbed in the Next sale, but usually, these are my go-to places for the latest trends, as well as some absolute bargains. Oh, and I'm a Premier member on ASOS, meaning I get immediate next-day delivery on anything I want to purchase. It's like Christmas every time I tap my keyboard and place an order.

I don't usually blog about fashion, because I feel like there are a lot of #fbloggers out there that know how to do it a lot better than I do, so I'm probably better off leaving it to the experts. Speaking of which, one of my closest friends, Tasha, has an amazing fashion blog, so check it out: here.

Anyway, I am head-over-heels, totally, irrevocably, in love with fashion; clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery. Anything, literally. I get a really huuuuge kick out of exchanging a wad of notes for something shiny, glittery or just absolutely stunning to wear for my next up-and-coming social event. So, what do I tend to buy? Well, I'm not entirely sure I go for a certain particular style, but rather a mix of a few. I'm a girly girl, so tend to pick pretty things over plain, but not always. I go through different phases; for example, I'm really, very strangely looking forward to autumn, because I'm super-excited to bag myself a real, sturdy leather jacket. One I can wear before the snow hits. One I can team with day-wear or even with a pair of heels, a dress and clutch for night-time escapades. I'm also really loving black wedges at the moment, and I've just bagged myself some perfect ones.

So, me and my little fashionista self will have to continue to haunt other people's blogs, finding their latest suggestions, and generally get a little kick out of seeing what everyone else is buying and wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment