Wednesday 20 March 2013

In a vacuum, no one can hear you blog.

It's strange, I debated making a blog for ages before I actually did it, and now I have, I'm sort of relieved. I never thought for a second anyone would read my online scribbles, although I'm not actually sure how many people are. I think there's a certain kind of liberation you get from blogging. Putting all of your thoughts down the minute they happen, and being able to press 'publish' immediately, and your brainwaves are out there. A live-feed into my unconsciousness. An insight into how messed up, crazy and chatty I really am. 

I feel like when I write, I'm sharing the world's biggest, most important secret, (not because I value my scrawl that much) but because it's nice thinking you're writing for an audience who don't have expectations. Posts can be from the mundane to the hilarious, and people will read them, enthralled and excited, no matter which. I know I've read countless blog posts and thought 'Wow. I want to know this person' and I've always wondered whether someone could react like that to my writing, even though it's mainly spontaneous thought. 

I haven't mentioned my blog to an awful lot of people. I guess I have reservations about how it's going to be received, but if I'm really honest, I write for myself, not for a readership of any kind. Writing is my passion, so my blog is my way of sharing the thing I love with people who may or may not appreciate it. If it's not to your taste, then I really don't mind, but I'd be eternally flattered if you like my blog, and would love it if you shared your thoughts with me. After all, there's nothing more flattering than finding out someone appreciates your opinion, in whatever shape or form. 

So, if you happen to come across this, I hope you like my nonsense. Whether it makes you grin like a Cheshire cat, laugh uncontrollably, or identify with privately, I appreciate it more than words can say.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment