Sunday 1 March 2015

Disappearing.

Somewhere amongst the ridiculous levels of procrastinating and the recovery from
Christmas, it turned March today. In the blink of an eye, I feel like everything about the last two months vanished. Today I can't cope. I'm achey and displaying too many boring cold symptoms, so I majorly can't be arsed with the dreaded uni work. 

It's week seven of my 12 week semester (not to mention it's my LAST EVER semester at uni) and I'm lagging. I've turned from mild effort to blind avoidance when it comes to my deadlines, until I'm a puddle of stressy tears the night before with 0 words written and the submission time looming. After just reading an article from my uni's online newspaper, The Tab, I got thinking. Maybe if I gave up social media, for a short space of time, I'd get a hell of a lot more done instead of spending my time complain-tweeting, posting useless sad emojis on Facebook and Instagramming my 'workload' rather than being active in reducing it. So here's the experiment. 

As of 12pm today, Sunday 1st March, I go AWOL. Abstain from social media, even blogging. Maybe if I just turn my notifications off, and pay more attention to my student workload that appears forever mounting atm, I'll feel better about myself and I won't be as stressed. Here goes. 

(I bet I'll manage about four hours, if that) 

No comments:

Post a Comment